COVID 19 Ear Wax Removal Procedure
£60 for one ear or £80 for both
Impacted or excessive ear wax can be a huge problem when trying to communicate especially if you are a key worker and need to hear instructions or concerns. In the current climate we would ask you try and remove the wax using conventional methods such as olive oil to soften the wax.
If this is not successful, please contact us for further advice.
EAR WAX REMOVAL MICRO SUCTION SAFE PROCEDURE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By providing this information at the time of your call we have agreed to provide you with an appointment. If we suspect that this information is not a true reflection of your condition we reserve the right to refuse the appointment for your safety and ours.
What you have to do –
1) Turn up at the allotted and agreed time not early & certainly not late. If early wait outside until you are called into the clinic. There is parking right outside our clinics and no wardens are operating at present.
2) Appointments will be spaced 1 hr between each (normally it’s 30 mins) The extra time gives us opportunity to thoroughly disinfect the premises.
3) All payments will be given before the appointment via our text payment app or by cash being placed into a secure box.
4) When entering the premises please open the door with your elbow.
5) Once in the premises please refrain from touching anything.
6) You will be given hand sanitiser to thoroughly clean your hands.
7) Do not cough or sneeze. If for some reason you need to cough, or sneeze warn the audiologist immediately or put your mouth into your sleeve if a warning is not possible.
8) Bring your own PPE if you have any,particularly a face mask.
9) Follow the instructions of the audiologist and please indicate if you do not understand anything.
10) Refrain from speaking during the appointment unless its related to the procedure particularly if you are within 2m of the audiologist
11) When leaving please wash your hands again & refrain from touching anything where possible.
N.B: DUE COVID-19 AND THE LARGE AMOUNT OF EXTRA WORK INVOLVED AND PPE FOR EACH APPOINTMENT WE HAVE HAD TO ADJUST OUR PRICING STRUCTURE AND NEW PRICES ARE APPLIED AND PREPAYMENT MUST BE MADE PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT
Micro suction ear wax removal is a proven, safe and comfortable process for ear cleaning. It does not involve the use of liquids, so there is no mess and no fuss. We recommend that you use Earol (olive oil) for 2 days prior to your appointment. An audiologist will examine your ear using a binaural microscope (either fixed or with loupe glasses) and, using a fine low-pressure suction device, safely remove the blockage. Also, using a video otoscope we will show you the condition of the ear before and after the treatment.
SAFE – Micro suction is the preferred method of treatment for medical staff and patients alike for guaranteed effective removal of ear wax.
PAIN FREE – Micro suction is comfortable and in most cases the blockage is removed in minutes.
QUALIFIED – Experienced audiologists with additional training in aural micro suction ear wax removal preform this procedure
Micro suction Fees £60 for one ear or £80 for both ears (£40 consultation fee if no wax is found).
Home Visits Fee from £80 to £130 (£45 consultation fee if no wax is found).
Earol® is an effective method for instilling olive oil to soften compacted earwax and is suitable for all age groups and easy to use. £5.00
N.B: Attempting an ear cleaning at home by using cotton swabs (Q-Tips), Kirby grips or other household items is a dangerous practice that can lead to hearing loss, punctured ear drum and super-impacted wax.
Call us now on 01492 540000 to book your appointment.
This procedure is available at our hearing practices at:
Colwyn Bay Hearing Practice